SarahKnoll

Lonely Heart Reviews

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom - Marti MacGibbon What do you think the author was trying to accomplish with this novel? Hoping that someone would read it and either not use drugs or stop where they were at and seek help.

What are the most important relationships in the book? I would love to say that Marti’s relationship with her daughter. However, that is not possible. To Marti during this time in her life finding that next high/hit was more important than anything.

What major emotion did the story evoke? Sympathy is the biggest emotion I felt for Marti. Sorry that she experienced everything but wondering how much she brought on herself and how much was someone else’s fault.

Name your favorite thing overall about the book. When Marti reconnected with her daughter. How each forgave the other. Yes, Marti did not exactly walk out on her daughter, but she allowed the drugs to rule her life. I am sure she thought about her daughter but she was more concerned with getting high than spending quality time with her child. How Marti allowed the drugs to determine where she was in life. She was always out for that next hit. Always hoping that she would find the perfect score, the perfect high that would take her to oblivion or beyond.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.