SarahKnoll

Lonely Heart Reviews

Be Careful What You Wish For (Saga of the New Gods, #1)

Be Careful What You Wish For - Daniel  Black Is the story plot or character driven? This reader felt that the story was plot driven. Michelle hunts for a ring to propose to her gamer boyfriend. When she finally finds a ring she is pleased it, they realise too late that the ring has magical powers. Think Lord of the Rings meets The Big Bang Theory meets All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.

Is the plot well-developed? The plot is well-developed considering that this is the first book in the series. The reader will not be bored or uninterested with the storyline especially when it feels like you are transported to whole different world of fantasy and magic.

How does the pacing of the story feel? For this reader, it was good. Although I think the focus on Dungeons and Dragons was a little much. The fantasy and magic could have still happened without so much focus on the game. The scenes were cohesive and the timeline made sense so no complaints in that department. Overall, I would recommend the book to anyone who is looking for a good fantasy read.

Disclosure - As a Quality Reads Book Club member, I received a free copy of this book from the author via Orangeberry Book Tours in exchange for my honest review.